Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email velocity templates

jan.dolezal September 9, 2012

Hi,

i am preparing new instance of Jira on my dev server. I migrated all user accounts from old to new jira (also with email addresses).

Thing is, i want to fix some velocity templates to my picture, but i want to see them first (already rendered). I cant turn on email service on this dev jira instance, because then all of users will be informed about some actions (robots, etc...) which are not true (for dev instance).

Is there some way how to see all email velocity templates ? or try it on one account, without enable mailing for all acounts ?

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
jan.dolezal September 12, 2012

Thank you for response.

I did it different way, i installed hMailserver on my virtual pc and set this IP as mail server on dev JIRA. Then all mails goes to this server, which is not forwading anything outside.

I was able to fix velocity templates like this :)

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2012

What I would do, to validate your templates, is restore a Prod backup to a proper DEV JIRA instance and just delete the existing inbound mail handlers. Then you are free to re-enable the mail service, and to configure, for example, a File based mail source to trigger test emails, without concern to spam your users. When happy, migrate your templates out into Prod.

0 votes
jan.dolezal September 11, 2012

I tried to use developer JIRA instance (atlas-run), but i cant make email work... When ill click send email from administration it will send an email. But from issue not.. Notification scheme is set properly i think.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events