Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't want to copy field value to cloned issues

SM December 11, 2020

I have created a mandatory field in my project. I want when I clone the tickets this field value should not be copied to the new ticket.

-When we clone the ticket we see a summary field, I want this field as well on the same screen. 

For ex- I have created a new mandatory field as Regions and it has options Asia
Europe and America. When I clone the issue the value of this field should not copied.

3 answers

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 13, 2020

Welcome to the Community, @SM !

Is the field also mandatory in the target project you want to clone into? If yes, that could be a problem, because the fields needs to have a certain value when the cloned issue is created.

With your Jira cloud app Deep Clone for Jira, you could either

• Configure your clone in a way that certain fields aren't cloned.
  • "Create and confirm" your clone, to edit it before the cloned issue is created.
  • Update fields automatically when the clone is created, using "auto-edit fields".

If you have questions or feedback about Deep Clone for Jira, don't hesitate to get in touch with our support.

deep-clone_single-clone-dialog.png

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2020

Hi SM,

welcome to the Atlassian Community.

For a very similar requirement we successfully used "Clone Plus" App (Appfire) from Marketplace.
Possibly there are similar Apps available meanwhile - you would have to check through https://marketplace.atlassian.com

Even if you decide to go with Clone Plus be noted this App needs extra payment - but you can test using a trial if it meets your needs.
From what you wrote this is absolutely doable.

Cheers,
Daniel

0 votes
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2020

@SM Welcome to the community!

I don't think this is possible with vanilla Jira.

I think plugin ScriptRunner can help you here.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events