Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous delivery of information (technical writing) to customers

Radha Devaraj May 19, 2020

I am convinced that we can deliver documentation well with confluence. However, I am eager to find out if the following are possible:

Public Access

If we create a space that would be published to customers using the anonymous access, in that case it will be open to everyone on the web. How do we handle this issue in terms of security? Is there a read only option to selected customers (without login)?

Continuous Delivery

After publishing, will there be a separate version of a single space - one is published and the other in edit mode. In other words will the original space allow us to continue in edit mode while published version remains untouched.

Please confirm as writers need to have this option to be able to develop future content while previous release is published already. How do we handle this in confluence? Please guide.

Thanking you in anticipation,

Radha Devaraj

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daryl Karan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2020

Hi Radha, 

The Atlassian Community really appreciates your questions.

Confluence is a great collaboration tool that allows users to be notified as soon as content is created and have them comment on it. Unfortunately Confluence doesn't have a great method of publishing content from one space to another, typically people will manually copy content from one space to another. This does become tedious and overwhelming over time. 

This is where Atlassian's Marketplace can extend your experience with Confluence. You can find some really cool tools to help fill the gap of having to manually move pages from your Draft Space to your Public facing space. 

App's like Comala Publishing will automate the movement of pages from your draft space to your Published space and keep your page tree hierarchy. You can enhance your experience with Comala Document Management to apply a review process to your Confluence documents in your Draft space, and when the page is approved it will automatically Publish to your Public facing space. This ensures all edits are applied on your draft space and only the approved edits are Published to your Public space. 

Comala Publishing and Comala Document Management are available for download for free for 30 days from the Atlassian Marketplace. 

Cheers, 
Daryl 

Radha Devaraj May 21, 2020

As I am new to confluence and is hopeful that we can leverage it for our documentation, I find your detailed answer very helpful to proceed.

Kind Regards,

Radha

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events