Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conditional removing of an issue from a Sprint

Antonio Duarte August 25, 2014

If an issue belonging to a sprint is in a specific JIRA workflow state, its removal from the sprint must be prohibited.

In this condition, even the sprint must be prevented from being closed.

How can I do that?

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
pschaff01
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2014

Hi Antonio

To achieve this behaviour you can do the following:

1. Browse through the workflows page in JIRA and edit the workflow that's being used for this Agile board and sprint
  2. Click on the specific transition you want to restrict
  3. In the "Conditions" tab, add a new condition based on "Value Field"
  4. In the next screen, choose the "Sprint" field and specify that it mustn't be empty
  5. Save and publish the workflow draft

This will create a condition in the workflow where the transition can only be performed if the sprint field is not empty. Please notice that this will restrict issues that aren't in any sprints to be transitioned, so this will only work as expected if you have one specific workflow for issues being used in JIRA Agile.

Hope this helps!

Cheers

Antonio Duarte August 25, 2014

Hi, Pietro,

Thanks for the clues, but I think this will not help. Let me explain better the behavior I'm looking for:

I am looking at my Agile board, and it is in the Plan Mode. In this situation, I am free to manually take ANY issue that belongs to a Sprint and slide it down in the screen, removing it from the Sprint and putting it in the Backlog situation.

As an example, one of my issues in this sprint, is in my custumized JIRA Workflow state named "Waiting-for-client-answer".

In this situation, if I try to take this issue out of the Sprint to put it back in the Backlog situation, this should not be allowed. Only issues that aren't in the "Waiting-for-client-answer" state can be removed from the sprint.

Note that this situation is not related to any specif transition in my workflow, so the "Conditions" clause cannot help me in this case...

Antonio Duarte August 31, 2014

Hi, forum friends, any clue, please?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events