Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clover registry file does not exist

Tony Obermeit March 19, 2022

Error is

Clover registry file "/Users/tobermei/Downloads/clover-ant-4.4.1/tutorial/build/clover/db/clover.db" does not exist, cannot be read or is a directory. Please ensure Clover has instrumented your source files.

I have this same problem with a new build I'm creating so I went to the document

https://openclover.org/doc/manual/4.3.0/ant--tutorial-part-0-clover-in-10-minutes.html

ant -f build_quick.xml Buildfile: /Users/tobermei/Downloads/clover-ant-4.4.1/tutorial/build_quick.xml

with.clover: [clover-setup] OpenClover Version 4.4.1, built on October 11 2019 (build-1020) [clover-setup] Clover is enabled with initstring '/Users/tobermei/Downloads/clover-ant-4.4.1/tutorial/build/clover/db/clover.db'

compile:

test: [junit] Running com.atlassian.samples.money.MoneyBagTest [junit] Tests run: 22, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.286 sec [junit] Running com.atlassian.samples.money.MoneyTest [junit] Tests taking too long? Try Clover's test optimization. [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 1.073 sec

clover.report: [clover-html-report] OpenClover Version 4.4.1, built on October 11 2019 (build-1020) [clover-html-report] Loading coverage database from: '/Users/tobermei/Downloads/clover-ant-4.4.1/tutorial/build/clover/db/clover.db'

BUILD FAILED /Users/tobermei/Downloads/clover-ant-4.4.1/tutorial/build_quick.xml:74: com.atlassian.clover.registry.NoSuchRegistryException: Clover registry file "/Users/tobermei/Downloads/clover-ant-4.4.1/tutorial/build/clover/db/clover.db" does not exist, cannot be read or is a directory. Please ensure Clover has instrumented your source files. You may need to remove existing .class files for this to occur. at com.atlassian.clover.CloverDatabase.(CloverDatabase.java:87) at com.atlassian.clover.CloverDatabase.(CloverDatabase.java:65) at com.atlassian.clover.reporters.CloverReportConfig.getCoverageDatabase(CloverReportConfig.java:325)

java -version java version "17.0.2" 2022-01-18 LTS Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 17.0.2+8-LTS-86) Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 17.0.2+8-LTS-86, mixed mode, sharing)

On macos

sw_vers ProductName: Mac OS X ProductVersion: 10.15.7 BuildVersion: 19H1715

I've had the same problem using OpenClover within a new ant build script, so to prove the problem wasn't with my script, I downloaded the latest OpenClover quick tutorial and built it using their maven script, same error (details above)

Also researched the open clover faq, it said to check that clean was done first and that was the case in my ant build.

Any redirection as to where to get the solution would be appreciated, I've emailed openclover support and posted question first on stack overflow and so far no response.

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Tony Obermeit March 20, 2022

I heard back from OpenClover, apparently JDK17 is not supported.  Still having troubles with jdk 1.8/1.9 (supported versions) and will update when I solve that.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events