Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get Agile to behave

Mateusz Rezmer August 27, 2014

I'm not sure if I'm missing something obvious here or what the deal is, but after a while of searching through all the options I just cannot get Agile to work the way I want. I'm able to add the columns I want in the Classic Task Board and they're properly displayed, but I didn't see where I could add swimlanes to it (not supported in classic?). As for the new boards... I'm completely lost. When I go into new boards Configuration screen, I can see General, Columns, Swimlanes, Quick Filters, etc. Thing is, that my changes from the Columns section are never reflected on the board itself. I can move stuff around while configuring, add new columns, it's even all stored when I close it and go back to that configuration window. Swimlanes on the other hand are being added, but I couldn't find a way to change a task's swimlane afterwards. They all go to the first declared swimlane by default and I can't see how I can move it to a different one.

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2014

Well, yes, swimlanes are not there in "classic", so that's a non-starter.

My best guess is that you're still looking at a classic board after configuring a new board - don't do this in another window, just use one, and when you've added your config, use the name of the board at the top to go back to it - you will find it updates fine.

As for moving between swimlanes, they are read-only artefacts - to move something between swimlanes, you need to change the issue itself to match the criteria for the swimlane you want to move it into.

Hey! Thank you for your speedy answer.

Swimlane assignment based on JQL querries makes sense, thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xx0zjxc4q9rhs86/agile%20help.mov?dl=0

I've made a video of how I'm attempting to add/edit columns to the new boards. Am I doing something wrong?

PS. The link doesn't seem to work when clicked, but it triggers when I copy/paste it.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2014

It's mostly right. But your new columns don't have any status in them, so Agile hides them as columns that will never have any issues.

Ah, so that's what I'm missing here, thank you very much!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events