Can I stop and restart a sprint

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2013

We started a sprint yesterday. But today there is a major change. We have moved a bunch of additional stuff into the sprint and the burndown chart looks really strange. I know the reason is that -- right or wrong -- the sprint was started when it had on 10 points. Now it has almost 90.

Is there a way to stop this sprint and restart it?

3 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ivan Tse
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 17, 2013

Technically speaking, you can't stop and restart, but you should be able to end the current sprint and start another. Make sure all the issues are not resolved and they should return back into your backlog. You can name it the same thing, but technically, it'll be a different sprint.

You also cannot set the Sprint start date in the past, but after you create the sprint, you are able to adjust Start Date in the Cog menu of on the Work view.

Cog Menu

0 votes
Matthew Frederes April 6, 2020

The accepted answer is just a hack for a feature that needs to be implemented.  Please vote for JRASERVER-68970

0 votes
Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2013
George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 17, 2013

Thanks. That tells me how to change the dates. But I don't want to change the dates. I'd show you a picture of our burn down chart, but I can't figure out how to get it here.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events