Best ways to include other projects issues in my scrum and velocity

Rahul Sahotay November 27, 2018

Hello There:

I am looking for suggestions or a help from you in JIRA/Agile :).

I am from DevOps team and my team has strings attached to other 3 projects viz Core Development, front-end Dev and AWS support.

We have started using scrum framework of Agile and but most of the time we need to work on other projects (project name mentioned above). Currently, we can see issues from another project in our Agile Board using below JQL

project = DevOps OR (project in ("COREDEV", "FrontEndDev", "AWSSUPPORT") AND assignee in (person1, peron2....person11)) AND type != Epic ORDER BY Rank ASC

The other 3 projects are running their own Scrum or Kanban and even their iteration varies from us and which is affecting our velocity chart because we really can't see tickets resolved by our colleague in other projects or the story points.

Is there a way where you can help us either by duplicating the tickets from other projects to our project (DevOps)?

PS: I tried duplicating but seems quite a lengthy process.

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2019

Hi @Rahul Sahotay,

Did you ever figure out how to do this? I found your post while skimming through posts with "Agile" tags.  If it is still an open question you may want to check out this article. It has some detail about shared sprints.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Agile-articles/Shared-Sprints-in-Jira-Software/ba-p/947309

Hope this helps, 

-Scott

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events