Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Allow user to see specific board

Hi Everyone,

I'm struggling with a task related to the visibility of projects/boards in my organization.

I want to create a board, under an existing project (this just to avoid rewriting tickets or managing multiple boards) and make it visible only to some users.

The same users must not be able to see all the other projects and boards inside my organization.

Can you please suggest a flow to follow to do this?

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey Community Leader Dec 13, 2021

Hi Luca,

While you can control who sees a board it doesn’t prevent the from seeing the issues using search associated with the other board. However you may wish to look into Issue security.

Hi Jack,

I've already had a look into it, maybe creating a new Permission Schema and allow only particular group to Browse Projects would be a solution?

Jack Brickey Community Leader Dec 13, 2021

Certainly you can limit who can browse the project. However, if you want to allow others to see certain issues or a certain board then they must have browse permissions in the project. To be clear, issues aren’t associated to boards specifically, rather they are associated to the project. If you want certain individuals to only see certain issues then you need to use issue security. You could have different issue types and use issue security to ensure only certain individuals see each type. Then you could set up your boards based on these issue types.

I'll have a look into it.

Thanks for your help and the explanations.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Agile

WIP? WIP! Or how to decrease time to market using Jira

Introduction In this article, I will outline why focusing on time to market is essential for software development companies. I will focus primarily on Kanban and limiting work in progress (WIP) as ...

23 views 0 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you