Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agile board: Showing additional status in swimlanes vs. backlog

Nicola April 11, 2017

Hi

We have a swimlane for issues being tested. If I configure a filter to show these issues unfortunately issues with this status also appear in the backlog list. But these are not relevant for planning future sprints. How can I solve this dilemma?

Thanks!

Nicola

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2017

There is no way to do this.  The point of a backlog is it shows you the issues you need to do.  A board shows them as they move through the process.  They're different views of the same list.

So, you run a filter for "issues I am interested in".  That has to appear on the backlog so you can plan it.  If you want an issue to appear on the board, you need to include it in the filter so you can plan it and then progress with it.

My instinct is that you should have separate boards for the testing items - if they're not planned, they're not relevant for the users of the current board, so they'd be better managed separately, not just shoved into a swimlane.

Nicola April 11, 2017

Ok, it seems we need to wrap our heads around this...

0 votes
Nicola April 11, 2017

I just read again the answers to question Stop resolved issues show up in Backlog on Rapid b... and it partially solves our problem. 

However I still would like to differentiate between issues and not have to rely on the fact that issues that are displayed in the final swimlane are implicitely excluded from the backlog.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events