Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding an issue to an ongoing sprint

Karthik Gowrishankar January 21, 2013

Hi,

I am currently performing my SIT testing phase - [ the non functional user story ] - as a 'Sprint' with 72 hours of effort earmarked for this user story.

Now when i add a bug to the ongoing sprint it shows up as scope change in the burndown report. In my case it is not, as i know it is easily manageable within the allowed 72 hr bandwidth I have.

I would like to if there is any way to add bugs to the ongoing sprint without getting this 'scope change' comment ?

As per my understanding 'scope change' comment is fine as long as i have bugs to resolve and it is exceeding my 72 hr bandwidth.

If anyone has done any workaround on this part, pls let me know.

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2013
Anything added to sprint is a scope change. Keep the effort for bug zero, so that burn down is intact Or create a few dummy bugs and edit them during sprint. If no bugs found, delete those issues.
Karthik Gowrishankar January 21, 2013

But is this approach correct - ' anything added to the sprint once it has begun is a scope change, even if it is well achievable within my estimated efforts ' ?

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2013

See if you are adding a bug it means, you are adding it so that it can be tracked. If you do not have it be estimated, leave it as zero. As I said, it wont affect the burndown.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events