Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KPIs for agile team?

fariba_peyhani February 20, 2022

Which KPIs help to better understand the progress of the agile team?

3 comments

Comment

Jose Luis Gaitan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 20, 2022

Hello, @fariba_peyhani . You need to use KPI's depending of the madurity of your team. There are a lot of KPI's you can use, but you need to analize the type of projects, the needs of the client, the experience of your team... Not every KPI is good for every team, every client.

Anita Kalmane
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2022

My first reply is to say - % done towards the sprint goal

Like # people like this
Chris Boys February 21, 2022

Hi @fariba_peyhani 👋🏻,

I agree with @Jose Luis Gaitan, that metrics are best adopted and accepted when it’s agreed with the team why and how they’re going to be used, based on their maturity of using insights to improve.

And, I always suggest the team identifies ONE practice to focus on that they want to improve. Then they can choose the metric that best supports them in building confidence and strengthening their practice.

One tool that can help is Umano’s Team Performance Summary. We offer a range of different metrics to help team’s improve their agile practices and feel more confident and effective in they way they deliver.

Performance can be viewed as Snapshot (updated daily), Interval, or across the life time of a team's project, enabling teams to observe their trajectory and what experiments or events are impacting their delivery practices over time.

Connecting Jira will unlock your design & build metrics (providing insight into your team's delivery attributes such as speed, stability, completion rate, progress) as well as feed your team engagement metrics (measuring things like your team's responsiveness and the balance of online communication and collaboration across members within the project).

Connecting Slack or Mattermost will enhance the insights into your team's engagement metrics.

Connecting Bitbucket will unlock insights into your team's review practices, including review speed, time to merge (including approvers) and PR size.

Regarding Umano's snapshot lens, our customers particularly value the ability to self-compare their current performance relative to their usual (rolling median for the last 6 intervals) performance. We also surface the underlying drivers as context to why a team may be above or below it's usual rate of performance.

Interval Reports can be exported as an email.

We run a 30 day free trial, and will populate your project space with 12months of delivery data as default. Let me know here, or on chat @umano.tech if you have any questions and I'll do my best to see if we can help.

Feel free to also book some time for a 15 minute demo in my calendar, and I’d be more than happy to see how we can help you and your team level-up and step into their potential.

Chris

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events