cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best advice for newbies to Agile

Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2022

So the new training asked me to do this.
My best advice for new folks to agile would be to take this training and then get in there and do.  Ask questions, collaborate, and don't worry about 100% accuracy improvements will come with time.

4 comments

Comment

TIRI May 26, 2022

Thanks fpr this Craig because i am a newbie, as fresh as they come so I am on it! so which training is it?

Like Craig Nodwell likes this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2022

Well it's a beta course that I was asked to test, although you could probably still take it.
Here's the link.

I would also suggest (and this would be my best bestest advice) that you have a look at the many courses offered over at Atlassian University.

Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2022

Another link to the University Learning Paths

Many of the courses are free yet provide a wealth of information to help you succeed in your agile journey.

TIRI May 26, 2022

Thanks again for your help, much appreciated

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2022

@Craig Nodwell @Thank you for sharing this Agil training info.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2022

Thanks for sharing that information, Craig.

That training is an interesting introduction to agile ideas. I suggest viewers to review the original source materials after viewing this training, and to attend other training to help better understand/apply the ideas.

Regarding the training, it could stand some improvements in miscommunicating waterfall ideas, the origins of agile (i.e. much older than 2001, the "why" for the manifesto seems incorrect, etc.), the application of the values (relative to a team's domain areas), little/no references to source material this training is based upon (and so instead present the ideas as if from the training authors), lots of errors/gaps in the Kanban information, many errors in Scrum concepts/ideas/practices, disregarding Scrum versus "Scrum...but..." or supporting practices (not part of the Scrum framework), several errors in the quizzes, and missing gotchas, such as tool companies emphasizing their form/interpretation of "agile" over generally accepted practices  :^)

Igwe Carl July 30, 2022

my advise to newbie in agile is to learn the basics then integrate the values and principles to your everyday life.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events