Scrum Roles, my Experiences so far,,,

Tweet: The key question to ask when creating your Scrum Roles: who knows what I/we should be working on? Learn more. https://ctt.ac/KTtWe+ #YourAgileCoach

Would you ever sit on a two-legged stool?

No.

Have you ever been part of a project where you did not have a Product Owner?

I have, and I can honestly say it is like sitting on a two-legged stool. It is fine at first so long as you can keep balancing, but no one can balance forever, so you come crashing down and all you had to do was check you had three legs on your stool.

I was a Scrum Master, working with a brilliant Development team that consistently delivered features. The unfortunate problem was no one, single person was guiding us on what the “right” or most valuable features were for the end-user. Instead, multiple departments began to steer the product. In the end, we had to stop development and wait until we had our product owner guiding us on Story prioritisation, after that we began to deliver value.

I have found the greatest part about Scrum is the simplicity of its core framework design regarding roles. Roles have been distilled and simplified to allow any team to get up-and-running fast, without carrying unnecessary “project bureaucratic baggage” that other frameworks may come with.  

Micky Caritte’s #YourAgileCoach article mentions his experience with scrum teams and the first question that teams ask themselves is, “where to start?”. It is a great question, and in my experience, I have found a similar question being asked by teams trying to follow Scrum, or members who are new to a Scrum team, “who knows what I/we should be working on?”. In bursts the Product Owner.

2rgjbr.jpg

I have had the pleasure of working with passionate Product Owners over the years and all of them have one thing in common; they want to produce the best possible product for their users as soon as possible.

So, who can save the Product Owner from themselves? I will cover it in my next article 😊.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events