Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why would all capacity story points going to one team member

Amy Luzetski April 29, 2019

Capacity Settings are: Global and grouped by person. 

I am the project coordinator for a Creative Service group and we use Jira cloud to track our teams workload and tasks. Tickets get assigned to the persons who will be designing the work and story points are used to track 'hours' the designers need to completing the work. I use Portfolio to track the team's individual capacity to make sure that no one is getting overloaded. 

Velocity points in our team are the number of hours the team is available during our 2 week sprints. 

Here is my problem: I hit calculate today and all of the storypoints jumped to one individual team member and the rest of the team shows no work. Why would this happen? It has been working great this whole time, was there an update?

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 30, 2019

Hello Amy,

This question was addressed by one of our portfolio developers that designed this functionality in the following post in really great detail noting a workaround and a link to the feature request to improve this functionality:

The feature linked in his post is for the Server version of the app but the corresponding Cloud feature request can be found at the following link, and lease make sure to add a vote to help us track interest in the feature:

Check it out and let us know if you have any follow up questions.

Regards,
Earl

Amy Luzetski April 30, 2019

Thanks! Super random, it seem to have fixed itself over night. Still not sure why it went wonky but Thank you for all of the great resources. 

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events