Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why don't I get overbooked capacity in red?

Velti Daniel July 30, 2019

Hi!

Following this thread:
Why don't I get overbooked capacity in red?

I have the same problem.

Here is what I have:

1 Portfolio plan with 1 project and 1 team. the team is overbooked for the releases for sure. But instead of showing the overbooked hours on the bars, the release finish date is moved to a later date.
I understand, that this is caused because of the grouping, but no grouping is selected, see :

JIRA portfolio.jpg

What can be the reason?

Thank you, br

Daniel

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 2, 2019

Hi Daniel,

Looking at your screenshot the horizontal Bar directly below the Green vertical bars for scheduled capacity is displayed as red indicating the overbooked release, and you would also see, if you look at the release tab, that the release would also be flagged as red and overbooked like this:

Screen Shot 2019-08-02 at 2.44.18 PM.png

Additional details on how the overbooked indicators are displayed for the releases can be seen in:

Portfolio colors and symbols reference guide

The reasoning the Red overbooked capacity is not displayed in the vertical capacity bar is because the calculation is spreading the capacity out over multiple future sprints rather than a set sprint that cannot be met within the defined timeframe, where if you were to restrict the issues to a specific sprint that could not be completed then the period the capacity per sprint in the vertical capacity bars will indicate an overbooking like the following noting that i just linked all the issues to an active sprint rather than calculating future sprints:

Screen Shot 2019-08-02 at 2.59.07 PM.png

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events