Why does removing an Issue from Plans View A, also removes it from Plans View B?

mario_masis January 22, 2022

Hello, 

I have cross-cutting Portfolio Epics that are being worked by different Teams. Each team has its own Plans View, however, when removing an Epic that does not correspond to Team A from the Advanced Roadmaps Plans View A, it also removes it from the Team B Plans View. How can I prevent this from happening? I would like for the Epic removed from the Plans A Team to remain in the Plans B view/team. 

1 answer

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2022

@mario_masis -

Welcome to the community.  Please clarify what do you mean by views?  Does Team A and Team B have their own plan? Does your teams all working against one plan but using different views hosted under the same plan?

If so, then when object (i.e. Epic) is removed from the plan, then it will drop-off from all of the views within the same plan.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

mario_masis January 24, 2022

hi @Joseph Chung Yin 

By view I meant that we have "Saved As" different views for each different product team. I don't believe we have created different "plans", per team.

It sounds like we would need to create different "plans" in order to avoid this? 

I can check with our admin to see how to go about that. 

Thanks!

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2022

@mario_masis -

When you dealing with views within the same plan, the source content behind each view is the the same.  When you remove an object (Epic) and saved the changes back in Jira in View A, then you are essentially removing it from the source content.  Therefore, View B is impacted.

Yes, you will need to have different plans.  Keep in mind, if the two plans are also sharing the same content (same Jira project etc..).  Be careful on what your issue sources that your plans are pulling in, since one still can save changes back to Jira projects and thus impacting the different plans can still happened.

Best, Joseph

Like mario_masis likes this
mario_masis January 25, 2022

Thank you Joseph 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events