Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I see all of my epics in the Epic view?

Keenan Johnson February 14, 2019

Hello there!

I have a Jira portfolio that contains several projects and epics. For some reason I can't see all the epics in the portfolio scope, even though they are contained within the projects there and have the label I'm using to create the portfolio filter.

Does anyone have experience with this?

4 answers

0 votes
Keenan Johnson February 26, 2019

My source data is definitely "Filter"

0 votes
Thomas Bowskill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2019

Hi @Keenan Johnson 

Still having this issue? If so:
1) I assume your Source Data is "Filter", not  Projects or Boards (and that when you look at the filter in JIRA you can see the issues that are missing)
2) What have you set Include Issues Completed For x Days as?

From my month of using Portfolio those are the two things that tripped us up the most 

0 votes
Gabriele Franck
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 15, 2019

Hey, @Keenan Johnson 

When you say you want to see all of you Epics, does this also means you want to see the Epics that are already finished?

If so, by default, Portfolio won't show Done issues in your plan, since it considers you don't have further work to do on them.

If you want to see those issues in your plan as well, you will need to create a separate filter from completed Epics and the include this JQL in the Issue Source of your plan. :)

Let me know if this achieves what you want!

Gabi

Keenan Johnson February 15, 2019

No I can't see all of my open epics for projects that exist and epics that are not finished.

Is there a support person I can screen share to show what I'm seeing?

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2019

Hi @Keenan Johnson ,

The folks here in the Community do not work for Atlassian, we are users like yourself. You can contact Atlassin directly for support at https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/  

-Scott

0 votes
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 14, 2019

Hi @Keenan Johnson,

Check to see if you have the "Browse Projects" permission in Jira for the projects where those epics live. If you can't get to the projects in Jira I don't think you'll see the issues in Portfolio for those.

-Scott

Keenan Johnson February 14, 2019

I do have those permissions Scott

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events