Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Advanced Roadmaps saying that our sprints aren't part of the plan?

Steve Josue July 9, 2022

In Advanced Roadmaps, some of the timeline bars are not showing up and please look at the error regarding Sprints as in them being "not in plan" We are using Data Center 8.20.6.

Roadmap issues.png

1 answer

0 votes
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2022

I would have to see more, but I am guessing that it has to do with your issue source.  Are you using a board as the source?

See this page: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/enable-capacity-planning-in-advanced-roadmaps/

In order to use capacity planning in Advanced Roadmaps:

The problem with that page is it never says WHY you need a board.

It's a general problem I am finding more and more with Jira Software and Advanced Roadmaps.  There is an expectation that people have a deeper understanding than most actually do.  (otherwise, why would they need documentation)

If the tools are designed to be used a certain way then shouldn't the documentation be clear and thorough and provide links to other docs that support this understanding?

Steve Josue July 11, 2022

Hey Rob, You solved our problem. I hadn't seen that in any documentation or video !

Now we see everything except Epics and Initiatives in the Gantt timeline. We expect these to be visible and use the stories in sprints to display the Epics and also the Initiative. Our hierarchy is Initiative<>Epic<>Story<>Sub-Task.

Initiatives and Epic's will only appear if we use hard Start/Stop dates and we would expect this to be data driven.

Any Ideas? Screenshot included.

Thanks!

-Steve JosuMissing Epics and Initiatives from Gantt.png

Like Rob Horan likes this
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2022

Glad I could help!

As for this problem, I'm not sure, but my first thought is to check the issue source to be sure everything is present.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events