Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the best way to have Advanced Roadmaps and BigPicture live together for teams that want both?

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2020

I have an unusual scenario - an organization would like to use both Advanced Roadmaps and BigPicture to manage work. Some teams would use AR and others BP, and both would operate on the same sets of issues.

Each tool maintains its own set of links and custom fields to build the planning structures they offer. 

Is there a way to ensure that Jira issues contain a single source of information for both tools?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 7, 2021

Hello @Rob Horan

The two apps - BigPicture and Advanced Roadmap can be utilized together to get the maximum benefit out of Jira.
Currently, we are working on White Paper that will take a closer look at how to configure Both apps such that they do not conflict with each other and address the limitation of such a solution.
I will keep you posted.

Best,

Anna
SoftwarePlant Support

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2021

Thank you!  I was trying to put something together on my own but I couldn't guarantee it was complete.

Christina Payne January 27, 2021

In the past we utilized, and liked, Advanced Road Maps. Our company also wanted more depth and we installed Big Picture.

Now it seems I can not see Advanced roadmaps in my plans or products columns.

I am an Admin and we do have premium. What seems to be the trouble??

Like Anna-BigPicture likes this
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 1, 2021

Hello @Rob Horan 

Please be informed that works on the article are underway, but the publishing can take up to 7-8 months. I need to consider that the White Paper we prepare may be at a too high level of generality with no references to your particular situation.

Therefore I would like to encourage you to direct contact with our Service Desk and shed some more light on your business needs and the expected outcome. That way, we will be able to provide you with a better advisory.

Best, 
Anna
SoftwarePlant

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 2, 2021

You sure your team hasn't gotten tired of hearing from me already?  :) :)

Thank you!

Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
February 3, 2021

Hi @Rob Horan 

Not at all :)
It seems to be a very interesting case for us, so we are waiting for contact from your side. If you decide to raise a request, please use the title as in the thread.

After a deeper investigation, we can publish conclusions for the users facing similar challenges.

Mayuresh Sakharape August 26, 2021

Hi @Anna-BigPicture ,

Is your whitepaper published? If yes, please share the link. We would like to see deeper comparsion of both products.

Thanks,

Mayuresh

Douglas Aird August 30, 2021

We also would be interested in seeing this white paper... can it be shared?

Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
August 30, 2021
The works on the White Paper were postponed. 
However, taking into account our expertise on this topic, we are able to provide you with a more accurate advisory if we know your actual business needs and the expected outcome. 

Therefore, please get in touch with us directly via our Service Desk
Charles-Edouard Sadoulet September 8, 2022

@Anna-BigPicture is there any update on the white paper mentioned above?

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events