Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the proper way to link Portfolio Initiatives to JIRA Epics to maintain hierarchy chain

Kristi Curry December 13, 2018

I have followed the instructions provided to add Initiative Issue type to both Portfolio and JIRA.  I have created 106 initiatives in JIRA and they are showing correctly in Portfolio etc.  When I link Epics to the Initiative they are not showing up as nested in portfolio at all.  Wondering if we are doing something wrong.  Where does the initiative link go?  1)Parent/Child linked issue? 2)Custom field exposed in JIRA Issue types for "Parent Link" 3)Somewhere else?  Please help so frustrated.  

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tyler Brown
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2018

Hey Kristi,

The proper way to do this should be editing the "Parent Link" field on the Epics to the Initiatives.

Hope this helps,

Tyler

sharmila patwardhan April 22, 2020

Even if I added parent link, its still not showing correctly, it showing in portfolio as an Orphan, hre it is about Epics linked to initiative

Like Deleted user likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events