What happens to Team field when Portfolio is removed?

Noah Tuller November 26, 2018

Hi, I was looking at unsubscribing from the Portfolio jira app. However, we get a lot of use out of the "Team" field associated with it. Right now the Team field is locked as a result of it's connection with Portfolio.

If I remove Portfolio, does that unlock the "Team" field?

The goal here is to unsubscribe from Portfolio while, hopefully, still being able to use a field titled "Team"

Thanks

1 answer

2 votes
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2019

Hi @Noah Tuller,

I don't know if you were able to answer this on your own, but I just ran into the same question and found your post. SO...I did some testing and here is what I came up with:

Once you remove Portfolio and the license is no longer active the Team field becomes unavailable, even if you have data in it. I didn't have any filters based on Team when I removed Portfolio, but I would assume they would all fail once the app was removed.

To address this I am going to set up a new custom field called "Team" as a multiple choice selection and list all of my teams as choices. I have a Cloud instance, but will be migrating to a sever environment at some point. When I do I will use the Power Scripts add-on to  write a script that limits the choices available to the user based on security settings. (I have all my teams set up as user groups and limit access by group.)

I hope this helps, if so please click the "Accept Answer" button so it is easier for other community members to find in a search.

-Scott

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events