Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning : Overall Priority Changes when you filter by Team

amine benali June 14, 2018

Hello,

I noticed this, go to your overall Backlog check the priority of the Initiatives (for example), filter on a Team then check the priority again, Portfolio changes the priority of certain items, I don't know why ?

has anyone faced the same issue ?

3 answers

0 votes
Xenia Parker May 23, 2019

@amine benalihi Amine, did you get an answer to this question? You seem to be having a lot of the issues that we are having in our set up. Do you think we could connect via email? I am looking for someone who could help us in our early JIRA Portfolio set up.

0 votes
amine benali June 29, 2018

@Shannon S

When I rank my backlog at INITIATIVE LEVEL. (1.2.3.4...) I was expecting that the child epics would have the same ranking.

What I NOTICED is the ranking of epics does not reflect the ranking of the parents initiatives.

it's really breaking my nerves trying to understand why ? because the schedule behind does not reflect the ranking of the Initatives and gives some random dates based on I don't know which logic.

Can you please clarify ? is this a BUG ? or work as design ?

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 3, 2018

Amine,

Unfortunately we're not able to replicate the same behavior you're experiencing, so I'd like to create a support ticket for you.

Can you confirm your Portfolio version so I can go ahead and do that?

Thank you,

Shannon

amine benali July 4, 2018

@Shannon SShanon,

We are using portfolio, 2.13.3....

we still notice when hit calculate (no filters are applied) the ranking of the Epics change !!!!

it's just not understandable...

Thank you for your support.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 4, 2018

Amine,

Thank you for verifying. I've created that support ticket so we can look into the issue for you.

Once the solution is discovered feel free to reply here with what it was so it can assist other users.

Regards,

Shannon

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
June 22, 2018

Hi Amine,

The ranking depends on the issues within the initiative, so if some are being left out after you filter it, it will re-prioritize items.

Have a look on this thread here for an explanation of the ranking:

Can you have a look through there and let us know if you still have any question about how the prioritization changed?

Regards,

Shannon

amine benali June 27, 2018

Thank you

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events