Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Versions as a Roadmap

Alex Twomey-McLeod March 2, 2022

Is there any way in Advanced Roadmaps or any other part of JIRA to view Releases/Versions in a Gantt chart using the the start and end date of the Release/Version?

Advanced Roadmaps only seems to be able to base the dates around the start and end date of issues, which I don't want to do.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2022

What I have done is create a Release Management project (Jira work management, for the record) and a Release issue type in it.

We have a set of automation rules that keep the Jira (fix version) releases and their dates in sync with the artifacts (as @Crystelle S puts it) in the Release Management project (which the release Management team use to manage and schedule all releases. 

With all of this in place, you can achieve the kind of view you are seeking via advanced roadmaps. That said, it was quite a piece of work creating the automation rules.

rel.png

Alex Twomey-McLeod March 3, 2022

Thanks Curt. What a faff!! haha

Not ideal

Maybe its an idea I can submit to Jira. How would I do that?

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2022

Hit the "Give feedback" button (upper right of the Plan).

0 votes
Maria
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 5, 2022

Hi @Alex Twomey-McLeod ! It’s Tania from Planyway. If you don’t mind giving a try to a 3-rd party app, I’d like to tell you a bit about our app. In Planyway you can see only releases from all the connected projects on the timeline if needed. Just remove the selection from other options:

2022-03-05_14-52-25.png

I'll be here in case you have any questions. 

0 votes
Crystelle S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2022
Alex Twomey-McLeod March 2, 2022

Yes, that's all issue based though. I want a gantt chart that completely ignores issues and only looks at the version/release dates

So unfortunately that doesn't help me :(

Crystelle S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2022

Ah ok - so you're trying to treat releases as their own artifact. I think you'll have to pop that information out of the release dashboard and into another tool somehow.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events