Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add custom fields in roadmap

Surya Kamepalli October 7, 2020

In the advanced roadmap, I am trying to add an additional column (custom field that already exists)

Here are the steps I followed

1. Selected the Configure option for the Roadmap

Custom field 3.png

2. Under Source Data options on the left side, I selected the custom fields option by selecting the hyperlink: adding custom fields

custom field screen shot 2.png

3. I searched for the custom field "Story Type" and chose the option "Add 1 field". But, nothing happens after I add this and I still cannot locate this field as an option in the fields option in the plan. Am I doing this right? 

Custom Field screenshot 1.png

2 answers

0 votes
Surya Kamepalli December 14, 2020

I was able to get this resolved. This is related to permissions to Advanced Roadmap

Gary Fitzgerald June 18, 2021

Hi Surya,

I have the same problem. Please explain in more detail how you got it to work.

Thanks

Gary

0 votes
Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2020

Hi @Surya Kamepalli ,

What is the field type of "Story type"?

Surya Kamepalli October 7, 2020

@Niranjan Thanks. 

Field type - Select list (Single choice) 

Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2020

Hi @Surya Kamepalli ,

It works fine in JIRA server. I believe that you are experiencing an issue related to the bug - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-19140

Surya Kamepalli October 8, 2020

Hi @Niranjan 

Thank you. We are not using the cloud instance and this is the Server edition. 

The ticket you shared seems to be about column sizing. My issue is around adding a custom field column to the roadmap view. The custom field already exists and the teams have been using this. The roadmap will not serve its purpose if we are not able to see this particular field. 

Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 8, 2020

@Surya Kamepalli - What is the version of your plugin? Can you try creating a new plan, with the different set of issues that has values for Story type? Just want to ensure if the issue is project specific.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events