Unable find "Story Points" on issues

Arturo July 7, 2022

Hi,

we are trying to use "Story Points" on Jira Advanced Roadmap but when we try to commit the changes of story point for all our tickets, all they fail except for Epic type.

Jira says "Please check that "story points" are enabled for this issue type."

I have already created a custom field named "Story Points", because the default does't exist, but I still receive the same error. I confirm that this field works great on scrum board for example.

How can i solve?

Here a screenshot
https://ibb.co/X4QYyXm

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2022

@Arturo -

Welcome to the community.  Story Points is a system field, so you should not create another custom field for it for your env.

You need to ensure that the system field "Story Points" is exposed to your projects screen configuration for all needed issues types.  Afterward, your AR for Jira plan commits action will work as expected.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Arturo July 7, 2022

Thanks for replying.

After all I have found the issue, I don't know how but Jira translated the field "Story Points" in "Punteggio casi utente" (IT translation), so after I checked it I simple added the configuration for other issue types.

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events