Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teams

Nouf June 18, 2022

Hello,

I'm creating a plan in advanced roadmap with multiple teams associated to different issue source (board) since there is a board for each team and there is another general board that is used to view all the issues created by all the teams what I'm trying to do is filter issues on each team board and on the general board based on each team that was already assigned to issues in advanced roadmap so each filter will show only issues related to a specific team, is it possible to do that on the board (use teams from advanced roadmaps in boards)?

Thank you 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2022

Hi @Nouf

You can add multiple issue sources: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/add-or-change-issue-sources-in-a-plan/

If you have multiple jqls you can add them. After that, when you are in the roadmap view you can filter it again to show specific teams/projects/boards.  You will just have to give it a try.

Regards

Nouf June 18, 2022

Hello @Fabian Lim , 

Thank you for your support 

My problem is when I go to jira board and want to create a quick filter based on the teams that were assigned to each issue in the plan (the teams are private not shared), any idea how to that?

Daniel Capizzi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 19, 2022

Hi @Nouf

For a Jira board to see what team has been assigned to an issue you need to use a shared team within Advanced Roadmaps. I can see in your comment you're currently using private teams - unfortunately these can only be viewed in the plan that created them. They won't be visible to other plans nor to any Jira boards.

Luckily it's really easy to convert your private teams to shared teams! If you access the "Teams" view of your plan you can use the "three dot" menu in the top right of each team to select "Share outside of plan". I've included a screenshot below.

From here you can now start creating the JQL filters for your Jira boards as you need!

I hope this helps - let me know if you have any issues and I'd be happy to help.

Cheers,

Daniel

Screen Shot 2022-06-20 at 10.59.52.png

Like Fabian Lim likes this
Nouf June 21, 2022

Yes I did that and it worked now I can filter based on the team Thank you all for the support. 

I'm working now with four levels of issues in the following hierarchy :

- objective (custom issue)

- initiative 

- Epic 

- story 

I'm looking for ways to do the following ( I tried to create different automation rules but didn't work):

1- is it possible to assign all issues to the same when only one issues is assigned (I did that by creating a rule triggered by the "Team" field change for an epic and change the parent (i.e. initiatives) Team field and child issues but nothing happened, I want to do that .

2- sync issues to have the same status as its child (e.g. when an epic moves to "in progress" the parent initiative will move to the "in progress" status)

3- I'm trying to measure the epic cycle (I subtracted the resolution date from the creation date and update the field but this didn't work too.

Anyone knows the answer for the above I would appreciate your support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events