cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync Timeline view of "Biggantt" & "Portfolio"

Rahul_Mittal May 12, 2020

Hi Experts, 

I use both Biggant & Portfolio in my organization in following ways:

Biggantt -- I use this for my project planning. Link multiple Jira projects and have a Tree structure for projects.

Portfolio -- I use this for planning tasks for my teams. I have defined teams in Portfolio and assign tasks. The tickets here are sub-set of what I have in Biggantt

Problem:

Biggantt uses "Start Date" & "End date" for timeline view/planning & Porfolio use "Target Start date" and "Target End Date" for timeline view/planning.

Because of this, any date change I make on one does not get reflected to other. For example: If I change development end date on Portfolio, then it updates it in "target end date" and, this change doesnt show on Biggantt because it uses "end date" field.

This leads to double work for me each time as I now have to update the same in Biggantt manually. Is there a way that both use common fields? Or, have a trigger.

2 answers

0 votes
Marcin Geb _SoftwarePlant_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 6, 2020

Hello Rahul

Also on the BigGantt's end, you can select fields that represent the start and end dates of bars on the Gantt charts. I marked these combo boxes in the screenshot below.

biggantt-synchronization-seetings.png

0 votes
Nguyen Tran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2020

Hi Rahul,

There is a configuration on Portfolio's plan where you can choose to use different fields for Start Date and End Date. Changing that to use the same field as Big Gantt should reflect all the changes from Big Gantt to Portfolio and vice versa.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events