I am trying to craft a Portfolio which shows me the actual assigned issues in sprints as they in the projects, for all users.
The objective is to allow me to judge long term capacity.
I am set up as follows:
- I have 10 projects worked on by a single team of people
- Each project has identical week long sprints set up, for example, April 1, April 2, April 3, April 4
- Each of the above projects sprints contain the issues we know need to be done and we review and change weekly
I am looking to see this replicated in portfolio to allow me to quickly move and add new issues, but vitally, view capacity in say April 4 when we are in April 1.
My current Portfolio has:
- One team - the actual team working on the projects with their genuine weekly capacity to be split over ALL projects
- All projects added as BOARDS
- The team is currently not assigned to any board, as I can only assign one
1.) Portfolio is not reflecting the actual weeks that issues are scheduled
2.) Portfolio is pulling in the backlog and randomly dumping issues in weeks.
3.) I cannot alter the sprints from within Portfolio as I have not assigned a single board. Not a biggie, as its a slow process without drag and drop but would be useful
Can anyone help?
Currently in capacity behavior, the capacity is set proportionally per plan to the estimated time a team or individual user is expected to dedicate to the particular plan. so the only way to have a plan that covered all the issues would be to associate all the users to a single global team and all 10 boards to the single plan, BUT this would have some negative impact cluttering up the plan if you are trying to see the projects data tracked separately, and releases would get complicated.
An alternate (and recommended) approach here and would be using your 10 boards would be to split up the users capacity say 40hrs/week divided across the 10 boards as a simplified exe 4 hours per plan on the team members (adjusting based on how much work is expected on each plan per week) to track things per plan within the expected scope.
Also we have the following feature request to add in a global capacity across plans, make sure to add a vote:
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event