Remove Weekends from Advance Roadmaps

Ciarra Anderson February 8, 2022

I'm trying to figure out how to remove weekends from being counted in my advance roadmap view. I know how to set in on Jira projects, but I'm not seeing an obvious spot in my settings to remove weekend counting. Is it in this date section? I don't really have any specific dates as this is something I want indefinitely. Any help would be appreciated!

image.png

2 answers

1 vote
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2022

Ciao @Ciarra Anderson ,

there's an open issue about this problem with a suggested workaround.

Please take a look at the following URL https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-20443

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Ciarra Anderson February 9, 2022

This doesn't help me unfortunately. I'm not using auto-scheduling nor have the ability to. I've already made sure weekends weren't being used as working days on my boards, but that doesn't show that it's counting work days only on my advance roadmap.

Like # people like this
Aron Peterseim July 5, 2023

Has there been any news here? Due to the way we are using advanced roadmaps, removing weekends from the visualization is actually essential to the way we plan things, and not getting the feature will very likely cause us to unsubscribe from advanced roadmaps and move to another system.

The Ticket @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_  posted would be the perfect solution for us: visually marking weekends as "not working days" and not counting them as working days towards our tasks is exactly what we want.

(and I can't imagine this option being hard to build in OR getting in anybody's way, especially since it was apparently already in at one point)

Like # people like this
Jonathan Fisher August 22, 2023

Bumping the above, surprised to learn moments after my premium trial that I can't hide weekend dates on the timeline. Asana can do this for free. Any updates?

0 votes
Linda Hoffmann
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 26, 2024

We are running into the same problem. I do not see, why this is not thought through. Here in the comment section I can find this as requirement for several years now, and I cannot understand, how Jira is not able to take the users requirements seriously and just develop this feature request..... super sad..... 

The advanced roadmap sucks in every detail needed. There is no automatic update on timelines, when dependicies are added, which also leads to heaps of manual efforts.... 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events