Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Advanced Roadmaps initiative

Sasi Kiran Bejjavarapu August 7, 2022

We are a huge program with multiple Jira projects involved. We are currently in transition and with a hybrid structure of product teams and initiatives driven directly by product delivery leads (interfacing the org, managing dependencies and interfacing with products). 

So the problem is when we create a new initiative, it creeps up into every existing "Plan" for the delivery leads, although when we setup the individual Plans, we had configured to add only the right initiative for each delivery lead.

Right now, we are failing to find a solution for this. Just to make it clear let me also do it with an example.

Delivery Lead A, has Plan A, with initiative 1, initiative 2, with Epics and stories linked to them respectively

Delivery Lead B, has Plan B, with initiative 3, initiative 4, initiative 6 with Epics and stories linked to them respectively

Now, I add initiative 6 to our Jira Project (this project has only one issue type Initiative) this is part of both Plans Plan A & Plan B.

I want to create Plan C for Delivery Lead C with this initiative. I can set this up manually.

When I open Plan A, Plan B, I see initiative 6 there. This is an additional clean-up for each of the plans we have. Is there anyway to not include this automatically and do this manually when needed?

1 answer

1 vote
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2022

@Sasi Kiran Bejjavarapu -

Welcome to your community.  You need to check your plan's issue sources and changing the source (instead of project/board) to filter.  Where you can exclude the unwanted Initiative for each of your plan.  Are your initiatives all stored in one single project, or it is available for all other projects as an issue type.

By using the filter option, you will have better controls on what issues that you are bring into your plan.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events