Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio for Jira 3.0 goes blank after error occurs trying to view team capacity

Tracey_Mora May 20, 2019

I've had to recreate my Portfolio a couple of times after encountering the same error trying to select Group by Team and checking the Show capacity on timeline checkbox.

PortfolioError.PNG

Since I'm using a Starter License, I can't get any other support and I'm not sure what it is exactly that is causing the error below. When I clear the error, the Portfolio is just a blank page with no way to restore it. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

PortfolioError3.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 20, 2019

I'm really sorry to hear that you've encountered this problem. 

Can you try clearing the local storage for your browser as this should resolve your problem. For example in Chrome

1. Press F12 to open the Developer Tools
  2. Click the "Application" tab
  3. Expand the "Local storage" twister toggle
  4. Select the domain where your Jira instance is running
  5. Click the no entry symbol (to clear the local storage)

Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 9.25.35 am.png

Unfortunately it looks like we have found a bug where old local storage state can cause issues with newer versions and we're working on providing a fix for this problem.

Tracey_Mora May 20, 2019

Thank you so much! I'm able to see the Portfolio again.

Do you happen to know when the bug will be fixed to allow us to use the team capacity feature?

Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 20, 2019

Now that you've cleared local storage you should be able to use it again now and you shouldn't hit this problem whilst you're on the version that you're on. 

There's a strong possibility that now you've cleared local storage this time that you won't be impacted by this in the future.

What we're going to be doing is to make sure that we don't hit this or similar issues again in future releases.

Unfortunately, I can't say exactly which release will have the changes that prevent this from happening again in the future - we've just discovered this problem and have just started looking into it.

Tracey_Mora May 20, 2019

Thanks for the quick response! I tried it again just now to see and got the same error. Luckily, I know how to get the Portfolio back and that worked again but I am still unable to use this feature.

Dave
Atlassian Team
May 20, 2019

OK, that's really interesting - then this is a slightly different problem to what we've encountered ourselves.

So as soon as you try and group by team again it crashes? Which version are you using?

Tracey_Mora May 20, 2019

It's v3.0.0. It's only when checking the Show capacity on timeline checkbox after selecting Team.

Dave
Atlassian Team
May 20, 2019

Thanks for the clarification.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events