• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Portfolio for JIRA for Kanban Team

Hi,

I've just watched the video on You Tube about Portfolio for JIRA. I think that it would help to organisation I'm working with who are at the beginning of an Agile transformation.

My only concern is that the examples used in the video were mainly Scrum based, and the teams I'm working with are all Kanban teams.

Is anyone use plugin to manage a number of Kanban teams? What information is it necessary to capture to ensure that maximum value is obtained from the plugin?

Many thanks for your help and advice.

1 answer

0 votes

Hi @Robin_Hackshall,

Yes, Portfolio for Jira can be used in a Kanban environment. A good place to get started with using Portfolio in a Kanban environment is this article https://www.atlassian.com/blog/jira-software/kanban-with-portfolio-for-jira .

When you're using Portfolio, you may encounter some scrum concepts as we've tried to make Portfolio work for different types of agile teams. But this shouldn't prevent you from using it with your Kanban team. 

Let me know if you have any questions after this!

Sam,
Portfolio for Jira team

Hi @samrobertsofficial

I've read the article you've referenced (thank you).  Would you happen to know if this article was written before the ability to set team scheduling methodology was added to Portfolio?  The work-around in the article mentions setting the scrum iteration length to one week.  It doesn't mention team scheduling methodology, however.  It's not clear if this is not mentioned because it didn't exist in 2016 when the article was written, or if we should just infer that we need to set team scheduling methodology to Scrum.

The current version of Portfolio obviously let's you set team scheduling methodology to Kanban or Scrum.  I'm wondering if this feature was added after the article was written because it seems useless if we're just going to set it to Scrum and 1 week to be able to manage Kanban teams in Portfolio.

I've only been using Portfolio since around May 2018 and I seem to remember that the team scheduling methodology has been there the whole time.

Regards,

-jordan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Advanced Roadmaps

3 short videos to help you get started with Advanced Roadmaps

Hi community, I’m Roi, a product manager working on Advanced Roadmaps for Jira. While Advanced Roadmaps is a powerful tool to plan and track work at scale, we know it can be challenging to get star...

6,566 views 25 19
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you