Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio for JIRA for Kanban Team

Robin Hackshall April 27, 2018

Hi,

I've just watched the video on You Tube about Portfolio for JIRA. I think that it would help to organisation I'm working with who are at the beginning of an Agile transformation.

My only concern is that the examples used in the video were mainly Scrum based, and the teams I'm working with are all Kanban teams.

Is anyone use plugin to manage a number of Kanban teams? What information is it necessary to capture to ensure that maximum value is obtained from the plugin?

Many thanks for your help and advice.

1 answer

0 votes
samrobertsofficial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 27, 2018

Hi @Robin Hackshall,

Yes, Portfolio for Jira can be used in a Kanban environment. A good place to get started with using Portfolio in a Kanban environment is this article https://www.atlassian.com/blog/jira-software/kanban-with-portfolio-for-jira .

When you're using Portfolio, you may encounter some scrum concepts as we've tried to make Portfolio work for different types of agile teams. But this shouldn't prevent you from using it with your Kanban team. 

Let me know if you have any questions after this!

Sam,
Portfolio for Jira team

Jordan_Janis September 18, 2019

Hi @samrobertsofficial

I've read the article you've referenced (thank you).  Would you happen to know if this article was written before the ability to set team scheduling methodology was added to Portfolio?  The work-around in the article mentions setting the scrum iteration length to one week.  It doesn't mention team scheduling methodology, however.  It's not clear if this is not mentioned because it didn't exist in 2016 when the article was written, or if we should just infer that we need to set team scheduling methodology to Scrum.

The current version of Portfolio obviously let's you set team scheduling methodology to Kanban or Scrum.  I'm wondering if this feature was added after the article was written because it seems useless if we're just going to set it to Scrum and 1 week to be able to manage Kanban teams in Portfolio.

I've only been using Portfolio since around May 2018 and I seem to remember that the team scheduling methodology has been there the whole time.

Regards,

-jordan

Like Nyssa Watkin likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events