Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Past Velocity Disappeared on Team

Andy McAdams August 23, 2018

Hi there! 

I noticed this once before, and I brushed it off as "my JIRA instance is a bit of a mess" but it just happened again.  

Problem: 

I have a plan with 3 different teams tied to 3 different Scrum Boards. I have team members associated to the teams so that I can enter vacation time and generally track hits to velocity to out of offices. 

I love the idea of forecasting based on past velocities. However for some reason, one of my teams has zeros for previous 2 previous sprints, and the data was there before which drastically skews the forecasted velocity.  Refer to screen shots below. The screenshots are from two different teams in the same Plan. I made no changes to issues sources that should have impacted this (I included more issues from another, team agnostic source). 

I didn't delete past sprints so the data is still there someplace. I can see the previous sprints from the JIRA Sprint reports. 

Several days ago I made updates to the queries for 2 of the 3 scrum boards. The two screenshots below show the two teams I made the query updates for, and I made the exact same update on board boards. I don't think it was this because I would have expected to see the 0s on both teams, not just one. 

I can say with about 95% confidence the previous sprint velocity was in there earlier today.

The only other thing that I did was enable Scenarios (which is actually when I noticed the past velocity missing). 

Anyone have an insight / clarifying questions for me? 

'Broken' Team

image.png

Working as Expected team: 

image.png

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events