Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One of my Epics has gone missing

Kieran March 22, 2018

I have an Epic called "Articles" that has gone mysteriously missing from the Epics menu on the right of my Backlog.

When I try to link a new story to it, it only shows up in the lists of Epics if I tick "Show done epics":

Show-done-epics.png

However, if I open up the Epic's issue itself, it says its Status is not actually 'Done', but 'Open'.

Articles-issue.png

How can I get my "Articles" Epic to appear back with the others?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Cameron Eldridge March 22, 2018

Hi Kieran,

Check the Epic Status field. It may have been inadvertently set to Done, which is why it would be hidden in the Epics panel.

Epic Status - Issue Details.png

Note the difference between the Epic Status and the workflow status of the Epic.

Best,

Cameron

Kieran March 22, 2018

Aha!

That was indeed it. The 'Epic Status' was set to 'Done'. I didn't have the 'Epic Status' set to visible anywhere so I ended it up changing it to 'None' using the Bulk Issue Edit and that sorted it out.

Thanks Cameron

Cameron Eldridge March 23, 2018

You’re welcome!

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2018

Have you tried a reindex of the project? A out of sync index and data is the reason why there is a difference when you are searching.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events