Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Once disabled I cannot re-enable the new Planning Interface for any of my Plans in Portfolio 3.0

Brendan Byers September 3, 2019

We've just recently upgraded Portfolio to 3.9 from 2.21.

We found that none of our existing plans could be upgraded to the new interface.

While we couldn't find any documentation to corroborate, we thought this was intentional and that we had to build new plans from scratch.

After doing so we reverted one of the plans to the 2.0 so we could look at some of the old reports and now we are unable to re-enable the 3.x interface.

Is there a setting that's needed to move between the two?

Documentation suggests this isn't by design.

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 4, 2019

Hi Brendan,

When looking at the plan configurations page for a Live Plan you should see the option to enable the new planning experience under the op configuration option like the following screenshot:

Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 2.33.11 PM.png

What is this screen looking like for you?

Regardless, the option should be there but would be greyed out if your Portfolio global permission settings were set to Viewer as covered here, and you would need Portfolio Restricted User or higher to enable the new experience.

However if it's not the global permission, I would expect something failed during the upgrade to 3.9, check the logging to see if there are any explicit errors during the upgrade window for portfolio, and I can take a closer look.

Regards,
Earl

Brendan Byers September 4, 2019

Hi Earl,

The option wasn't appearing at all:

missing option.png

However support was able to direct me to this KB article when trying to address a separate issue:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/portfolio-fails-to-save-auto-schedule-changes-972333167.html

Following the steps suggested there, appears to have resolved the issue.

Thanks

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events