Need help with a plugin or JIRA server software to establish Hierarchy in JIRA v7.13

Vimal lokesh March 13, 2020

We are trying to establish a hierarchy with additional issue types on top of the vanilla issue types in JIRA. We want to include THEME-->> EPIC -->> FEATURE -->> STORY ... . How to accomplish/customize this in JIRA v7.13 (server) , open for using plugins as well. 

1 answer

0 votes
Mario O.G
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2020

Hi Vimal,

My name is Mario, and I'm part of the ALM Works team. (The creators of the Structure - Project Management at Scale app).

Structure can be used to visualize large hierarchies. The best way this works is by setting up rules on how to create the hierarchy in your board that we call generators. These rules will create the visualization of your Jira issues (so there's no copying or syncing issues, it's all done in real-time from the Jira database). A great place to start would be to check out our explainer video here, and read our quick start guide here for server and data center versions, and here for the cloud version.

Naturally, this is best done in combination with an evaluation of the tool itself, ideally in the staging environment. That way, you can try it out yourself and see if you can get the tool to do what you need. In any case, if you have any follow up questions, don't hesitate to reach out to our awesome support crew at support@almworks.com.

I hope that helps.

Mario O.G

[ALM Works]

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events