Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple epics in one row on the timeline?

Krzesimir November 17, 2021

Hi there,

I'm using Jira Cloud with Advanced Roadmaps and I found an article for Data Center version which shows something I'd be very interested in. It seems to be possible to have multiple subsequent epics in a single row displayed on the timeline. I'm wondering if this can be achieved somehow in Cloud version too and I'd be very appreciative of any help here.

This is how it looks on a screenshot from the Data Center documentation - Using Jira applications with Advanced Roadmaps for Jira. As you can see, there are two subsequent items in the first row of the timeline:

RN+Backlog

Any suggestions, please?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Emma Ysebaert
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 17, 2021

Hi Krzesimir,

The interface you're referring to is our 'Live Plans' application, which we ended support for on 31st July this year. 

Unfortunately, there is not currently a way to achieve the behaviour you're looking for in the redesigned interface - but we love to hear feedback like this, and will definitely keep this in mind when strategising new features!

Emma

Krzesimir November 18, 2021

Hi Emma,

Thanks for a quick and informative answer, sad to hear it's no longer available. The problem I was trying to solve here, which I should've probably mentioned in the first post, is that the roadmap can get massively long, making it hard to read and follow. We were looking to shorten it a bit. Even if issues are grouped thematically by components (or in other way), the roadmap can get very bulky.

Thanks again :) 

reeve January 16, 2023

This would be an awesome way to show and communicate the timing plan to a wider business.

Showing more info on one row is perfect for the 1 page snapshot.

A common view I'd want to show on a programme plan is 1 or 2 rows per team over a 2 year period.

Is there any plans to re introduce something like this?

Like Stefan Essing likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events