Missing and Extra Issues when using Filter Source

Aaron Gage
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2021

Our current Hierarchy structure consists of Initiative --> Capability --> Epic --> Story where each Initiative is a large effort that spans many PIs/Years.  We are having great success in using Structure to manage the big picture view of all the work, but when trying to build a graphical roadmap with Roadmaps I continue to see very weird things.

Currently trying to use a filter input source to simply pull in the Initiative of interest with a JQL like below:

issue = INTB-14 OR issue in childIssuesOf(INTB-14)

When executing this filter within the Search for Issues page, this works fantastically, but when trying to use this as a Roadmaps input source, I continue to see some issues missing or random issues showing up in the "No Parent" section of the Plan.  Sometimes these issues showing up in the "No Plan" section are technically part of the Initiative and sometimes they are completely unrelated.  It is causing me to question my grasp on reality :P

Anyone seen this or have ideas???

This is my first hurdle....  I already recognize the need to pull in boards to have representative sprint dates for stories, which is a totally different pain that I know has other topics discussing.

3 answers

2 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Aaron Gage
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2021

Of course as soon as I posted this, I discovered my issue....  It was all related to the selection of Releases and the way that we have our projects configured.  I didn't realize issues tagged with a release would NOT show up if the release FROM the issue's project isn't also selected even if the parent (from a different project) DOES have the release selected.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2021

Glad to hear you got it sorted, @Aaron Gage. And thanks for sharing the resolution with the community.

If you ever need assistance with Structure / Advanced Roadmaps compatibility (apparently, not the issue here), give us a shout via support@almworks.com.

We have a large number of customers who use both products and we'll gladly help if we can. 

Best,

-dave [ALM Works]

1 vote
Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 28, 2021

The No Parent part may mean you're not using Parent Link field for some of the issues above Epic - I just had this happen to a few tickets, and that was the problem.  I've set up a dashboard that watches for Initiative Tickets where Parent Link is empty, then I go correct it (we don't set it as required because we may not have that info when the ticket is created).

I have not see the "No Plan' Issue myself.

Aaron Gage
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 28, 2021

Thanks for the suggestion!

Of course as soon as I posted this, I discovered my issue....  It was all related to the selection of Releases and the way that we have our projects configured.  I didn't realize issues tagged with a release would NOT show up if the release FROM the issue's project isn't also selected even if the parent (from a different project) DOES have the release selected.

From the beginning I wondered if our whacked out data model could be a driving force.

Like Chris Buzon likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events