Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Done issues in Advance Roadmap

harilal.poyil August 12, 2020

We have a weird error in the roadmap(version:3.27.0) installed in client prem.

We have workflow statuses like new(open), In development(In progress), Ready for Production(Done), closed(Done).

The number of stories under an epic(portfolio epic > epic > stories) with different status is correctly showing in the progress(issue count) column.

But all stories with Done status(Ready for Production and Closed) are not showing in the plan irrespective of their Resolution status.

2 answers

3 votes
Pete Morris
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 25, 2020

Hi @harilal.poyil - I'm a product manager for Advanced Roadmaps. I know you've mentioned the "resolution status" on here already, but could you please double check that your project's workflow correctly sets the resolution via a post-function for your "done" statuses? This page might help: https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/best-practices-on-using-the-resolution-field-968660796.html. You can also check to see if the "Resolved" date field is populated for your completed issues by showing the field in "Advanced Issue Search".

Advanced Roadmaps will filter out issues that have a status category of "done" and a resolved date beyond the time range specified in your plan's configuration. If the issue does not have a correctly set resolved date then it will drop off the plan immediately after moving to done.

We've heard from a few customers that this can be confusing so we're considering changing this to use statusCategoryChangedDate in the future, which does not require the resolution post-function.

harilal.poyil August 26, 2020

Hi, for us some issues are showing irrespective of their resolution field. I'm in currently in talk with your customer support and sharing the same response I provided there. 

Let me give a sample scenario:

We set the completed issues > Include completed issues for 120 days

We have a portfolio epic(say PC-10): under that there are two epics(EP-100, EP-200).

In the progress bar of EP-100
=====================
To Do: 3 issues
In Progress: 0 issues
Done: 5 issues

out of these 8 issues(type: story) only two are showing

Stories with done status SHOWING:
SI-1: status: closed(Done), resolution: Done. Resolved 60 days ago
SI-5: status: ready for production(Done), resolution: Unresolved. status changed 15 days ago

Stories with done status NOT SHOWING:
SI-7: status: ready for production(Done), resolution: Unresolved. status changed 20 days ago
SI-9: status: ready for production(Done), resolution: Unresolved. status changed 90 days ago
SI-14: status: closed, resolution: Done. status changed 110 days ago

In the progress bar of EP-200
=====================
To Do: 2 issues
In Progress: 2 issues
Done: 4 issues

None of these Done issue are showing

SI-2: status: ready for production(Done), resolution: Done. status changed 15 days ago
SI-8: status: ready for production(Done), resolution: Unresolved. status changed 20 days ago
SI-10: status: ready for production(Done), resolution: Unresolved. status changed 4 days ago
SI-11: status: ready for production(Done), resolution: Unresolved. status changed 21 days ago

You can see that few of them are showing in first case(irrespective of their Resolution status and resolution date). and in the second case nothing is showing.

Like Andrei Petukh likes this
Deleted user September 1, 2020

Hi @Pete Morris I have this issue as well, but my task/ticket does not have a resolved date time or issue resolution completed, just the status.

As a result, stories are not showing on the roadmap and the little slider that tracks completion of an epic never shows anything as 'done' - this popup seems pointless if it's not going to show some stories as being done.

but one ticket is done.png

In this screenshot, there are actually 6 stories linked to the epic and one is done.  Is there a way to have the done reflected here?

Matt Dale September 9, 2020

Bumping this thread @Pete Morris I am having the same issue as well, some closed issues appear and some do not, it seems random.

Deleted user September 9, 2020

Hi @Matt Dale - I posted a question that ended up solving my issue here - see https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Advanced-Roadmaps-questions/Does-anyone-s-progress-meter-show-done-stories/qaq-p/1470880#M5407 which may be helpful.  Some of mine had resolutions (and resolved dttm), others did not.  I've made sure all transitions to 'done' and 'closed' as well as 'reopen' now have the resolution field available on a screen and my roadmap is behaving (so far).

0 votes
Jordan Gipple September 28, 2020

IMO, roadmap should not require the resolved date to be populated if JIRA allows workflows that let you close issues without setting the resolved date. I vote for using the status +  statusCategoryChangedDate as you suggested if you can't just use the status alone. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events