Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Members Are Greyed Out In Jira Portfolio

Mark Griffiths August 14, 2019

I have created a team and given each member 37.5 hours.  When I assign an epic to them for a sprint they're greyed out and the task doesn't show in the portfolio schedule.  I have tried to recalculate the plan but it doesn't do anything.  Some members are completely greyed out and so they have nothing assigned to them.

Why are the members greyed out even though they're not over allocated?  How could I fix it?

1 answer

0 votes
Rohan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 15, 2019

Hi Mark,

You should make sure that you have Story Points set for the epic that you are assigning the team to.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfoliocloud/configuring-the-availability-of-team-members-828785286.html

If you're using Skills and Stages you will also need to make sure that the team members assigned to the epic have the relevant skillsets.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfolioserver/configuring-stages-and-skills-935577853.html

If you're still having trouble after double checking this, any further context that you can provide about your specific setup (especially around team/skills configuration) would be helpful. Screenshots are also helpful if you're able to share.

Best Regards,
The Portfolio for Jira Server team.

Mark Griffiths August 16, 2019

It has worked before without me setting any story points, however I just added some story points to 1 epic and I didn't see it in the schedule.  It stopped working when I got back from summer holiday, but I don't know what happened in between to say what caused it.

I set-up the teams correctly as the instructions in the link. I gave a start date but no end date and everyone has some hours allocated.  I am not using skills or stages.  The team is shared but some of the epics are shown in the schedule and others are not.  The ones that are shown have the team members not in grey.  

Maybe the root cause is why are the team members grey. Like said, they all have start dates, no end dates and hours allocated.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events