cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintaining Issue linkage after removing Advanced Roadmaps / portfolio

robert.nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2020

Hi all,

I have a question for the experts out there.    AR when creating the issue hierarchy add two fields Parent Link and Child Issues.  When AR is disabled or deleted these fields disappear though the data does not as re-enabling it again shows the data.  

My question is this:  

Does anyone know of a method to re show the linkage or those fields, or have a recommended way (bulk issues, add a link or something) to without AR to still have some semblance of the link between initiative and epic for historical purposes.

Best,

Robert

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Robert Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2020

I found a solution.  Through Adaptavist scriptrunner copy field value works perfectly.  I copy the Parent Link to a text field and it even maintains the link in the copy.   Solved!!!

Robert Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 22, 2020

Of course this did not work for the "child issues". I would love to still get a solution for that.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2020

@Robert Nadon - "Child Issues" section is part of the AR add-on.  It is not an actual field in Jira.  I would recommend you to reach out Atlassian and file a support ask.  You may have to access the content via direct DB query.

Good Luck.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

1 vote
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2020

@robert.nadon - As far as I know, Advanced Roadmap gives you the ability/functionality of extending issue hierarchy. So if you removed the add-on, then those fields that came with the add-on also get removed.

You may want to submit a support case with Atlassian to confirm my understanding.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Apps Team

Viasat Inc.

robert.nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 21, 2020

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for the response.  The fields (parent link and child issues) do not get deleted as if it is reenabled they re appear without doing anything.   However, I wanted to know if anyone has past experience with this.  I am thinking I can create a field and then do a bulk copy from the parent link to the new field, or somehow go in and make those fields visible again. 

The plugin will be removed.  and the data will be preserved, I am just looking for best practices for referencing of the links.

Best,

Robert

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events