Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Portfolio: Ranking at highest level instead of lowest?

Ruth Powers July 22, 2020

My teams use JIRA to plan their projects. I want to be able to get the story point roll up but have the auto scheduler use the ranking done at a Milestone level (which is what I am using to track projects). Currently my #1 milestone gets pushed out and it appears to be b/c of the ranking of the stories beneath.  

1 answer

0 votes
chris.reyes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2020

That is correct.  Stories take precedence over Epics over Parents.  Here's a good article on it that I just reviewed today.  I'm deathly afraid of auto-scheduler until I fully get results that I'm expecting.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/advancedroadmapsserver/auto-scheduling-issues-967895245.html#:~:text=Auto%2Dscheduling%20a%20plan&text=Above%20the%20timeline%20section%20of,is%20suggesting%20for%20your%20plan.

Ruth Powers July 22, 2020

Thanks Chris, We are wanting to do this for high level multiple system Portfolio planning I think I might just need to do the work of adding the Story Points in manually :(. 

chris.reyes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2020

You can always select all of the children of the milestone and then change the rank to the top in bulk.  Then do the same for the next milestone and move them to "below issue 'Milestone#1'). That way your stories will all be assigned in priority based on milestone. And the auto-scheduler should assign them first.  But, I haven't tried it out yet.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events