Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA Portfolio capacity report shows wrong number of storypoints

Arto Kiiskinen April 27, 2018

I have a sprint called "Sprint 40"

this sprint has seven items in it, 6 stories and one task.

the combined storypoints for these seven items is 44.

When I go to the JIRA portfolio main page, it shows the seven items in the sprint 40 ok.

When I review and calculate the storypoint values in the list below, the storypoints for the seven items in the sprint 40 are showing up correctly.

My problem is this: when I go to JIRA Portfolio reports section, and click on the sprint 40, it says there are 41 storypoints in the sprint.

I tested by changing the values of different stories and tasks, and after clicking "Calculate" and returning to the report, all the changes seem to reflect correctly in the value. But why is it 41 and not 44? It is very irritating and degrades the trustworthyness of the report when it is incorrect.

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 30, 2018

Hello Arto,

It sounds like an issue with 3 story points associated to it is already completed at the time of calculation, and therefore not included in the current capacity of the team.  The capacity report does not take into account completed or historic issues as covered in this feature request.

Can you add the Status of the issues in the sprint to see if this is the case.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events