Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to share a Adanced Road Maps View so I can use in other Project Plans?

Jeanne Higgins January 21, 2022

Is there a way to share a Adanced Road Maps View so I can use in other Project Plans?

I have a Project which I created a view called "JH PRoject Plans View in Task Order" shown in screenshot below, but it is on another project.  Is there a way I can share it to use with another project without having to recreate it.    I also created Estimates and and dependencies on this view so will they come over too?

Project Plans View.png

2 answers

0 votes
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2022

@Jeanne Higgins do you mean the data in the view or the configuration of the view, ready to use with different data?

If you mean the data, then it will all depend on how the permissions to advanced raodmaps have been implemented, as well as the permissions for the project/s the data is being pulled from.

If you mean the config of that view, then no....you can't have a templated view ready to load data into. You can't copy a plan or its views over to other plans.

Jeanne Higgins January 24, 2022

How do we request they add this funcitonality? Many times my implmentations use the same tasks so today I can use smartsheet to create a project plan template and just copy over the template to a new project plan which pulls in all the same tasks I use for a new customer implementation.  This is how I would love to see that the Advanced Road Maps Project Plan views can be duplicated, shared (made global for others to use), or copied to the next project.

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2022

Simply click the "Give feedback" button

fb.png

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2022

If it is about having the same tasks (data) and multiple similar views. Why not do it from the one plan (that already has the tasks/data), then from the view that you want to replicate go "Save as", give it a new name and do any further tweaks to customise that view. Rinse and repeat until you views are complete.

Jeanne Higgins January 28, 2022

I want to reuse the same plan for e.g. Project A, Project B, Project C, so that each project has a unique set of epics, tasks and subtasks. 

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 21, 2022

Hi @Jeanne Higgins 

From what I see in this response from Atlassian, there's no feature yet

You need to add the issue source from the one similar to plan that you need to copy and manually make the changes

Reference here

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Advanced-Roadmaps-questions/Is-there-a-way-to-make-a-copy-of-of-an-Advanced-Roadmap/qaq-p/1509917

Thanks,

Pramodh

Jeanne Higgins January 24, 2022

Maybe this is the same thing, but what I really want is to be able to make the Advanced Road Map View global meaning I can share it with others to us or for me to select to use for other Projects?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events