Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a performance impact with more than 30 teams in a Portfolio plan

Marie F. Kent March 19, 2019

Is there a performance impact, in cloud, with more than 30 teams in a Portfolio plan?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2019

Hi Marie,

Every data point is going to add in additional overhear, so this depends on the configurations.

If you have 30 teams with 1 team member each, I would not expect any impact, however if you had 30 teams with 100 members per team I would expect some delays on content rendering as that is a lot of overhead on any action, I would also expect delays on performing a calculations for the capacity comparisons from the amount of users to sort through for availability.

With that said however, anything we can to to improve performance is always high priority if gains can be made and especially if there is a major loss in functionality form slow running queries.  How are you plan and team settings configured? with what amount of team member loading? and what kinds of delays are you seeing?

Regards,
Earl

Elliot Gates January 22, 2021

Hi Earl,

Are you able to tell us which specific components of the plan are the most performance intensive? This way, we can turn them off incrementally in terms of importance to the team.

For example:

• Multiple custom views
  • Color coding for bars based on a custom field
  • Several teams being imported
  • Sprints for several teams being imported
  • Numerous custom fields
  • Releases

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events