It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Initiatives view like epics panel in the backlog

Hi the community !

I am currently evaluating the Jira Portfolio plugin for my company. This one seems really powerful :)

The approach that I have chosen is this one : 

• Project
    • Initiative
      • Epic
        • User Story
          • Sub-task
      • Epic
    • Initiative
  • Project

I have configured the main aspects to be able to add an "initiative" level over my epics and to show this level on epics view as a parent link. Everything seems to work properly when I manage that through the portfolio section.

Now my issue is that our production team will mainly work on the backlog view. And on this one it a bit tricky to clearly identify which epic is in which initiative.

Is there any possibility to be able to filter the epics displayed by them initiatives in the backlog view ?

(For example, by default you have a sidebar with the list of the epics of the project. When you click on an epic you see only the linked issues. I would expect the same with initiatives like : I have the list of my initiatives in a sidebar, I click on a specific one and I can see in another sidebar the epics linked, I click on a specific one and I can see the linked stories.)

1 answer

1 vote

Hi Britchey,

Thanks for reaching out but currently it is not possible to display Initiatives on the board as you noted.  Please check out the following post where I answered this question for another user recently that goes into a bit more detail on this with links to feature request to add this functionality in, make sure to add your vote to help us track interest for prioritization efforts per the Implementation of New Features Policy:

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Advanced Roadmaps

3 short videos to help you get started with Advanced Roadmaps

Hi community, I’m Roi, a product manager working on Advanced Roadmaps for Jira. While Advanced Roadmaps is a powerful tool to plan and track work at scale, we know it can be challenging to get star...

3,750 views 24 15
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you