Initiatives show up at the Epic and Store level in Portfolio. How do I fix that?

Anjelika_Avetisov September 23, 2019

I just started using Portfolio for JIRA. I created a new issue type - Initiative and mapped it to Initiative in Portfolio.

For some reason Initiatives Initiatives show up at the Epic and Store level in Portfolio. How do I fix that?

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 25, 2019

Hello Anjelika,

When an Initiative shows up in the incorrect level in the schedule it usually indicates that one or more of the source projects that are set as an issue source are coming from a Next-Gen project, as currently Portfolio is only compatible with the Classic project types, and the parent child issue mappings break when a next-gen project type is is used.

While you can set up a plan connected to a a next-gen project, the above mentioned hierarchy mappings will not function as well as various other configurations will not function covered in the following KB in more detail:

But Double check the projects imported by the plans issue sources and let me know if it is a next-gen or classic project type.

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events