Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am unable to see all my tasks and subtasks in my Plan.

Andy Haigh June 14, 2020

I have created a filter which shows all epics, Tasks and subtasks - this works on the filter. 

When I apply this filer to the plan it only shows done Tasks in the epic. 

3 answers

0 votes
Sharaz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 8, 2024
0 votes
Raja Rajasekaram June 21, 2022

sorry duplicate post

0 votes
Roi Fine
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 14, 2020

Hi Andy,

Could you share what's the JQL of filter? This might help the audience understand. The plan is making some filtering of issues as well. The following reasons could be why issues are missing in the plan:

• The issue was filtered out because it was resolved x days ago

• Filter permissions - Is the filter you are using shared with other users that try to access the plan?

• Issues were explicitly excluded in the plan

• Unintended filtering in the plan UI - Have you accidentally set any filtering, like the release or schedule range? This will filter out some issues or if issues not pending to get scheduled, it would not show up even though it exists.

• Custom field configurations - Any changes to fields, like the fix version field was removed entirely from the issues? Portfolio checks this field when loading issues to see if it is in an included or excluded assignment. If the whole field is not there, it might cause problems.

I hope that helps,

Roi

Lana Milanovich June 17, 2020

I ran into the same problem.
After reading Roi's comment I poked around a bit and realized fix version was the culprit. When I imported my Issue Sources I didn't select any fix versions. This caused only tickets without a fix version to show up on the Roadmap view.

Going back into the Issue Sources config, running through the wizard again, and selecting all fix versions solved the problem for me.

@Roi Fine, what should I expect as new fix versions are added to the project? Will I need to re-import every time to keep the data on the Roadmap up to date? Our process is to create a new fix version for every release (= frequently)

Roi Fine
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 17, 2020

Hi @Lana Milanovich ,

New releases created within your plan's issue sources will be getting into your plan automatically. If you are interested to chat/ask questions about your experience so far with Advanced Roadmaps feel free to send me an email - rfine@atlassian.com

Please let me know if that helps.

Roi

Cheers,

Like Lana Milanovich likes this
Raja Rajasekaram June 21, 2022

@Roi Fine I ran into the exact problem. So far I have checked everything you listed in the response. I think the issue for me is that when all of the story subtasks are either in "implemented" or "Verified & Close" status then the story is not visible in the plan. 

The same is viewable in the query and I have removed all the filtering. The plan view is at default. 

Note: this does not happen to all the stories, some stories with the same status show up correctly and some don't. 

Please let me know what else I should check to get this issue resolved. 

Andrus Voolaine September 2, 2022

I ran into the same problem. When I reopened task (it was under epic) and closed again, then it was displayed in the plan

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events