Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to i see plan tab in my Jira account

anant.chari October 29, 2020

HI team,

It will be great if you can let me know how do I see the plan tab in my Jira account so that I can plan across multiple projects and not just one project.

2 answers

3 votes
Mo Elbadri June 23, 2021

It finally worked for me. It turns out there is another level of permission that must be granted at the admin level. Once our admin gave me permission to AR I saw the "Plan" tab.

1 vote
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2020

@anant.chari - Plan tab is located at the top of the screen.  If you don't see it, it could caused by the following:

1) If you are using Jira Cloud, then you are on Standard Cloud.  Advanced Roadmap is part of the premium package.

2) If you are using Jira on-prem (Jira Server or Jira DC), then you don't have Advanced Roadmap add-on enabled.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSD Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Mo Elbadri June 22, 2021

I have the same issue. But I'm using JIRA Cloud (Premium). Any other ideas to try?

Thanks.

Mo Elbadri June 22, 2021

Maybe I'm mistaken but that is what IT told me. Is there a way to confirm I am on the Premium plan (which has the Advanced Roadmap package?

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2021

@Mo Elbadri -

Hi Mo:

If you don't see the Plan tab on the top of the navigation, then you are not on CLOUD (Premium). 

Alternative 1 -

You can also check from Jira Administration (Upper right of your UI - Clog Wheel) > Manage Apps option to see if AR add-on is installed or not

Alternative 2 - 

Navigate to the Jira Software admin panel using the Clog wheel icon in the upper right and select Products.

In the menu on the left, select Advanced Roadmaps hierarchy configuration.

If both alternative check failed to return any result, then you are definitely not on Cloud (Premium).  I also recommend that you can also contact Atlassian Support for further verification.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph

Mo Elbadri June 23, 2021

@Joseph Chung Yin, thank you.
It finally worked for me. It turns out there is another level of permission that must be granted at the admin level. Once our admin gave me permission to AR I saw the "Plan" tab.

Thanks again.

p.s. I'm not the administrator, which is why I couldn't see the settings you referred under Alternative 1/2. 

sharyn.hansen@stanwell.com May 21, 2023

Hi, Can someone please provide me with some more information on this comment above?  The additional level of permission which is noted above which is granted at the Admin level.  What is this permission and how is it granted....?

Im an Admin and we use JIRA CLoud (Premium).  I can see the 'Plan' menu option but other users cannot...  Just trying to understand how to make it visible for other users.  Thanks  SHaryn

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 21, 2023

sharyn.hansen@stanwell.com -

Please reference the following links - 

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/manage-inherited-advanced-roadmaps-permissions/

You need to ensure that users will also need to have permission called out for the following configuration -

2023-05-21_21-13-57.png

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events